Who Are WeFairtradeOur WorkThe JalqaThe TarabucoVisit the Inca Pallay Shop

 

         
   
pricing and ordering
   
         
 

 

The large axsu and the tapestries are awarded a grade ranging from A to EE, depending on their quality; this grade in turn determines the price paid to the weaver, who are paid a fixed price according to the exact size of their work and the mark awarded to it. Due to the high quality of merchandise that Inca Pallay offers, the majority of its weavings are awarded one of the top three or four marks. This mark reflects the tightness of the weave, and the intricacy of the design weavings with a tight weave, and small, intricately drawn figures, will of course be given the highest mark. Consequently, if you are interested in ordering a axsu or a tapestry, the price will vary, according to the exact quality you desire, and the exact sizes of the weavings purchased. As with all our products, 60% of the final sale price is paid directly to the weaver, and the other 40% used to cover the costs of the association and production.

With the other products, the prices are either fixed, or vary very slightly, depending on the exact size of the product. Details are given for each product on their exact pricing system.

Ordering products depends on which product is desired, the amount required, and if any specific colours or sizes are requested. Generally we have a large selection of many of the products in stock, especially the more traditional products such as axsus, and the smaller products such as the bookmarks, key-rings and chuspi's. With the newer products, such as the shawls, and cushion covers, whilst we generally have a selection in store, the choice of colours may be more limited, as the production levels remain relatively low. Inca Pallay welcomes long term trading partners and we are happy to take orders for larger numbers of products, or for products in specific colours however, with specialised requests we may need several months to fulfil your order, due to the time required to make our high quality products, and the limited number of local artisans with the necessary skills. Discounts are offered for larger orders. Regrettably, we are rarely able to produce exact reproductions of weavings, unless otherwise stated, as the majority of weavings are individual works of art, and so vary slightly according to their creator.

Shipping costs are available on request, depending on the country the weavings will be sent to, and the size of the order. A rough guide is given below, of shipping costs, as according to the Central post office in Sucre, Bolivia , though we are unable to guarantee these prices as correct. The payment of any import taxes will be the concern of the client; for larger requests, we recommend the use of our agent in Bolivia , with whom we can put you in touch with, whom for a small fee can organise all the necessary forms. All products will be securely wrapped in paper, plastic, and placed into secure boxes, to guarantee its safe journey. Weavings also come with a short explanation leaflet, in either Spanish or English, to explain more about the weaving process, the meanings of the weavings, and our organisation.

If you wish to contact us about placing an order, or for more information, please visit our page Contact Us.

To see this page in Spanish, click here

Para ver la página en español, haga clic aquí

 

 
         

 

  Inca Pallay

 

 

Arte Indígena

Who We are
Site Map

 

Tarabuco:

asxu

Mini Weavings

small bags

shoulder bags

Purses and Wallets

Cushions

Table throws and placemats

Bookmarkers and keyrings

Belts

*******************

Jalq'a:

asxu

Mini Weavings

Small Bags

Cushions

Belts

*******************

male textiles:

Tapestries

small bags

Bookmarkers and Keyrings

alpaca wool cushions

alpaca wool scarves and shawls